Endorsement of my Research
Dr. James Lyons-Weiler, Research Scientist, Author and Editor-in-Chief of the journal Science, Public Health and the Law has endorsed my PhD research on infectious diseases and their causes.
Lack of Government Accountability
Peter McIntyre, is the former director of the government National Immunisation Research and Surveillance Unit (NCIRS) at Sydney University for 20+ years. He was the deputy-director from 1997 – 2004 and the director from 2005 – 2018. During his two decades at the NCIRS he was influential in the expansion of the government’s vaccination program.
Here is a summary of the lack of accountability of Peter McIntyre for the information that he has provided to the public and politicians on vaccines. These 12 strategies are just some of the ways in which he has acted illegitimately in the suppression of the vaccination debate in Australia and allowing false and misleading information to be provided to the Health Department.
During the last two decades there are two vaccine myths that Peter McIntyre’s NCIRS Unit and ATAGI have promoted to the federal health minister and to the media. This has been assisted by the powerful industry lobby groups – the Australian Skeptics/SAVN and the Friends of Science in Medicine. These myths have resulted in the Australian government adopting mandatory and coercive vaccination policies for 12+ vaccines in 2016 without a legitimate public health purpose. These policies are discriminatory and they have removed the fundamental right to informed consent to all medications. That is, our right to bodily integrity.
These two vaccine myths are that:
- Vaccines created herd immunity that controlled infectious diseases in Australia and
- Vaccines are safe: the government claims that ‘adverse events to vaccines are rare.‘
There is no evidence to support either of these claims and they have both been refuted with evidence in my PhD thesis: a thesis that investigated the control of infectious diseases in Australia from 1900 – 2015.
These two claims are false because:
- The significant decline in risk from infectious diseases (99%) occurred by 1950 in Australia due to public health reforms and most of the mandated vaccines were not developed at this time. This is not a medical issue.
- The government has not funded a causality study using an inert placebo that can prove that combining 16 vaccines in the infant body is safe. Prior to 2016 there was no active surveillance system to determine long-term effects of vaccines and these effects are still undetermined. This is called undone sciencein government vaccination policy and the Australian government is making claims of safety and efficacy without this scientific evidence.
The government does not know the exact number and types of adverse eventsoccurring to vaccines because it has not carried out this research. But we do know that 158 serious adverse events are associated with vaccines and are listed on all the package inserts by the pharmaceutical companies and that children’s health has declined significantly with the expansion of the vaccination program.
Further, the donations and lobbying system in Australia shows that the pharmaceutical companies donate millions to both political parties every year that the public is not informed about. This system also allows lobbyists, many of whom are previous ministerial or political advisors, to have easy access to politicans and to influence public policy with industry information.
This would explain why Peter McIntyre has participated in the following activities, including an incidence where a federal crime was committed, that have suppressed the scientific debate on vaccination in Australia:
- Providing false information to the media about my PhD research. Here are the corrections to the false and misleading informaton that Peter McIntyre has provided about my research in the mainstream Australian media and in court cases.
- Refusing to publicly debate my research at a Q and A Panel discussion at the University of Technology Sydney (15 October 2015). This debate was organised to discuss the proposed No Jab No Pay policies that were implemented in Australia in January 2016.
- Peter McIntyre has publicised ~60 academics at the University of Wollongong who were required to sign their names to the government’s claims that vaccines are safe and effective on a statement published on the University of Wollongong website. This occurred in January 2016 one week after my PhD thesis was published on the university website and it occurred even though these academics have never researched the science in the government’s vaccination policies or debated my in-depth PhD research on this topic. This is deceiving the public about the validity of the government’s claims about vaccine safety and efficacy.
- In 2016 Peter McIntyre declined to permit his PhD thesis on the HIB vaccine completed in 1994 to be published in Open Repository on the University of Sydney website – as mine has been on the University of Wollongong website. This limits the ability of the scientific community to scrutinise the academic rigour of his PhD. In contrast mine has received global scrutiny since it was published and the UOW is standing by this research.
- Peter McIntyre was involved in a court case in September 2018 in which the government’s team of lawyers leaked my affidavit to the Sydney Morning Herald and he is quoted in this SMH article making false claims about my qualifications and my PhD research. The leaking of my affidavit is currently being investigated by the Australian Federal Police as it is a federal crime to leak an expert witness report to the media when it is still before the courts and it is punishable with up to one year in jail.
These actions and strategies used by Peter McIntyre and the industry-associated lobby groups including the Australian Medical Association (AMA) and the Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) have resulted in the Australian public receiving false and misleading information on vaccines through the State and Federal Health Departments and in the Australian mainstream media.
Recently, January 2019, Peter McIntyre, former Australian government director/deputy director and vaccine advisor of 20 years for the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS) was involved in writing an article with Julie Leask, Margaret Burgess and Kerrie Wiley that critiqued my PhD thesis by providing false and misleading information. This article was written three years after my PhD thesis was published by the University of Wollongong and it contains significant flaws and false claims.
These authors, particularly Peter McIntyre and Margaret Burgess, have a significant conflict of interest in writing this critique because they are defending their own recommendations in government vaccination policies for the last 22 years. Margaret Burgess was the founding director of the NCIRS in 1997 and Peter McIntyre took over from 2005 – 2018. The other two authors, Leask and Wiley, have done research that has been used by the NCIRS for government policies and position statements.
In their critique, Julie Leask and Peter McIntyre, admit that neither of them have read my entire PhD thesis. This would explain why my arguments and the evidence that I have provided has been misrepresented in the critique.
I am also concerned that these government representatives that profess to be interested in a debate on ‘children’s health’ have refused to publicly debate my research and have written a strongly critical article without being interested enough to read the entire thesis.
Here is a link to my response to the McIntyre, Leask, Burgess and Wiley critque exposing the flaws in their critique and the false information they have provided – ‘Judy Wilyman’s response to the Wiley, McIntyre, Leask, Burgess, Article in the Vaccine Journal 2019